Theme Thursday: Bright

Did you know there’s more than one kind of dawn?  It’s true.  There’s astronomical dawn, and nautical dawn, and civil dawn.

I only know this because I live in New England, where dawn comes, I’m not kidding you, at 4:30 a.m. at the height of summer.  So bright, so early.

It’s ok, though.  Winter is so long, and so dark, and I spend most of it dreaming of days like this, full of sunlight and flowers and warm.  Even if the  days start at 4:30.

nasturtium

Comments

Oooh, I love nasturtium! Very pretty photo.

I’m not sure we even have dawn during the summer. Technically the sun goes down, so I suppose technically we do have a dawn. But since it never really gets dark, we never really see dawn! :-)

Lovely. Just lovely.

I need to also let you know that when I visit your blog Christopher looks at Veronica riding the fisher cat and says “Yee-haw.” Every time. No fail.

Too bad the early morning brightness only lasts for a short while! Those are lovely flowers. I’m sure they brighten up your garden :)

• Cari says

I know! It seems like winter dark lasts waaaay longer than the ridiculous dawn action. How is it that winter lasts 4.5 months, when summer barely is 3?

• Cari says

I usually do, too. But this year has been so weird in terms of weather and temps and general growing conditions that I’ve really tried to remember.

Lovely pic! We spent a week in New England (our first day there was the first day of summer), and I LOVED that the days started so early. I was able to get out for a couple of lovely morning runs long before anyone else in my family was awake! I’ve been absent from this link-up for a while, glad to be here again! :)

Trackbacks