Theme Thursday: Happiness or Joy

Ok, you guys are going to ban me from all future Theme Thursdays after this picture, which will be awkward at first, since you won’t know where to look when you see me with my nose pressed up against the glass, making those puppy dog eyes and sighing heavily.

But stand firm.  Ban me you must, because what I’m about to reveal for my picture this week is possibly the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever posted.

Aperture?  Exposure?  Shutter speed?  Dunno.  I used my camera phone.
Rule of Thirds?  Framing the shot before you took it?  Ummm…nope.
Weaning myself of heavy reliance on Photoshop?  Not this week.

Seriously, I could give you all sorts of excuses, but as the clever little phrase goes, “Excuses are nails used to build a house of failure”, so I’m just going to stop.

Let’s call this, “Double Rainbow All the Way”

I think it’s the food on her mouth that’s the tipping point for me.  I don’t know.  She was sitting at the table, eating lasagna, and every time I’d say her name, she’d get this ridiculously joyous smile on her face.  So I grabbed the nearest camera at hand and took a picture.

Oh, and it seems that my baby’s so special, rainbows and alpine meadows follow her wherever she goes.
True story.

So let’s see yours.  Link up below, or at the Facebook page.

Comments

Thank you for the laugh-out-loud! Totally caught me by surprise. Not banned.

Have I ever told you that my earliest memory is seeing a double rainbow when I was about 18 months old? I’ve been told it’s impossible for me to have such a clear memory, but I do. And Veronica has them following her everywhere? She and I were meant to be.

For half a second, I thought you took that picture outside…haha! I hope to link-up later today if the kids will give me a few minutes to do so.

I absolutely believe those are her perma-accessories! This was a tough week for me, shouldn’t joy be easy??? I almost didn’t make it until fight club broke out last night, and then, no time for artsy, just clicking the camera.

I actually thought it was real. LOL well, I used to see rainbows like that all the time in California but in PA never a one! I think I do have several real rainbow pics somewhere.

but yeah the food drool is awesome joy

Hands down my favorite Theme Thursday picture EVER.

And thanks a lot…I know what song I’m going to be trying to get out of my head for the rest of the night :)

I’ve enjoyed looking at all these so much, and connecting with other Catholic wives (and singles) over the internet on an otherwise mundane Thursday~!